Sunday, June 19, 2011

FATHER'S DAY

Today is Father's Day...2011. Later today...our family will join with daughter Joni's in-laws...and enjoy a joint...Father's Day get-together.

This will be my first Father's Day...in quite a few years...without my entire crew being present. Daughter Julie...moved to Florida in January to begin a new life with boyfriend Eric. Grandson Mason...moved to Florida to join them a few weeks ago. As they enjoy Father's Day there...we will enjoy the day here...but without them. There will be a little 'missing' today.

My dad died the fall of 1986. In June 1986...25 years ago...we spent his last Father's Day with him. My dad was a good dad. I will think of him...and miss him...on this Father's Day.

I hope Julie...will think of her dad...and Mason...will think of papaw...on this Father's Day. I will miss them not being here with me.

But I will celebrate with those who 'will' be with me...daughter Jaime...daughter Joni...Shawn and Ryan...and the other two grandbabies Anna and Owen.

And of course...I will have a good day with the woman who made it all possible...Cindy.

Happy Father's Day...to all those fathers out there.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment