Saturday, March 13, 2010

CANDY ANYONE?

Candy machines. Love 'em...always have. Spent many of my younger years...before candy machines...at the corner drug store or at the 'Blue Bunny' down the street...gettting some penny candy with as many of my pennies I could round up.

Today...at many stores...you still see the little 'gum ball' machines with a variety of different candies and nuts in them. What used to be a penny or nickel or dime slot...has now turned into a quarter slot for your money. But after you insert your money...you crank the silver handle 'once around' and hold your hand down near the chute and open the lid...for your goodies to fall in your hands.

Am I the only person who still occasionally walks up to one of those little machines and...without putting any money in the slot...tries to turn the handle in hopes that just a few bits of FREE candy will drop down into the chute? Woohoo! Free Candy.

I've never seen a 'candy' machine that I could crawl up into...but as a little boy...I probably would have tried it too.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment