Tuesday, March 2, 2010

PET PEEVES # 2 & 3

Some time back I spoke of a pet peeve regarding people who 'overuse' their remote door lock feature on their cars. (See blogs for specifics on the topic).

Two more 'peeves' reared their ugly head yesterday. It had been a long 10-hour workday and I wasn't in the happiest of moods on my way home anyway so they really irked me.

One peeve is pretty short-and-sweet to explain...and I know there are those of you out there who agree with me. Two words...TURN SIGNALS! More specifically...those people who apparently don't have them installed on their cars...because they DON'T USE THEM! Okay...enough said...I think you know where I'm coming from so I won't get into more specifics. But sometimes...I'd like to have an external loudspeaker on my car so that...when I'm passing by that moron not using his signal, or he's pulling in front of me while not using them...I'd like to click on my 700mHz loudspeaker and 'kindly' ask him to...USE YOUR ****ing TURN SIGNALS!!

Peeve two will take some explaining and some visual imagination on your part. Our city has created a pretty good infrastructure of streets in that many of our 'heavily' traveled streets are 4 lanes...two in each direction. That helps to move the traffic through the north-south and east-west directions quickly.

My peeve is when I am in the 'left lane' of the 2 lanes going my direction...doing at or slightly above the speed limit...having some moron pass me on the right...and then pull in front of me. If he needed to be in 'my lane'...stay behind me and do the speed limit or above rather than speed by, just to pass me and then slow down. IDIOT...you are now going to get to where you were going exactly 1.3 seconds faster by being in 'front' of me than if you were 'behind' me by one car length.

After rereading this...I'm not sure I can explain the degree that this TICKS me off...but it sure does. The reason it really 'got' me yesterday...was that it was a police officer that did it. My usual gutteral utterance to the nincompoop who is illegally passing me is...'where is a cop when you need one...so he could pull that idiot over'. And I'll be damned...if this time...it WAS a cop. He wasn't going anywhere...and I was already going 3mph over the speed limit...he just needed to be 'in front' I guess.

Come drive with me someday...and I'll 'show' you what I mean. I don't know why that ticks me off...it just does. Anybody out there know what I mean...or am I just a crabby old man that needs something to bitch about?


Dan

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I'd rather install a paint gun on my car, under the front bumper with an electric motor on it to "bring it out" when I need it, then hide it after I've painted the guy's trunk lid. I wouldn't use water-base paint, either.

    ReplyDelete