Tuesday, January 12, 2010

NO DEPOSITS FOR ME...THANKS

There are a variety of 'banks' out there where deposits can be made. Cindy & I have had the same bank since we have been in Lafayette. Like everyone elses bank...it has changed names a few times over the years...but it's still in the same location as when we opened our accounts 35 years ago.

We have also made deposits into our local blood 'bank'. It too has changed names AND locations over the years...but it's still open...looking for depositors.

There are even sperm 'banks' out there...but I've never been there...don't even know where they're located.

And until today...I never knew there were...'breast milk banks' out there too.

We all have heard the benefits of a mothers' breast milk for her baby. Not all mothers choose to breast feed, but studies indicate that those who do, give their babies immunity powers that other babies don't get. Not to mention the bond that is made between a nursing child and its' mother.

But I never thought much about the use of one mothers breast milk being given to another baby...that was not her own.

The banks in this article are low on their supply of breast milk...attributed mainly to the flu season.

Now I have another reason to hope the weather will be warm soon and that the flu season passes...breast milk deposits will apparently begin to increase when it does.

I know I like lots of deposits in my bank accounts. Those waiting babies out there deserve lots of healthy deposits too.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment