Tuesday, February 16, 2010

OBESE? NOT MINE !

A British study indicates that grandparents are likely to create an atmosphere where there grandchildren can become obese.

My three grandkids have a grandfather that has a very bad 'sweet tooth'. I've tried to have the dentist pull it but to no avail. I love cake...icecream...pie...cookies...and if they all happen in the same meal...that's okay with me!

My most recent craze is chocolate shakes. A gift we got some time ago was one of those 'bullits'. It's basically a small blender that you can put the 'fixins' in a large glass size container, flip it upside down on the blender and...voila...mixed 'whatever'. Like I said...my most recent 'whatever' is chocolate shakes.

Add 1/3 container chocolate milk to 1/2 container of vanilla ice cream...mix and...well, Anna told me Sunday that "it's as good as Dairy Queen". What more does a grandfather need to hear? Owen wants one...Anna wants one...Mason wants one...and papaw has to make extra so 'he' can have some too.

Now...even with my sweet tooth and mistreating the grandkids with chocolate shakes on a frequent basis...my 3 g-babies are far from obese. In fact...I could stand to 'fatten' Anna up a bit.

Don't include 'papaw Dan' in your obese study. I don't qualify.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment