Monday, February 1, 2010

TAG FOOTBALL 40 YEARS AGO

I was reminded of my youth, when reading this article. It's about guys, my age, playing tag football on Sundays.

Now days, I don't know enough guys that have enough interest to do this now...but it sure took me back. Back to high school days.

Usually on Sundays in high school, there was a tag football game going on at someones house...Spider McFarlands', Jimmy Millers', George Strodtbecks', or Byron Haflichs'. We usually had the same crew...the before mentioned guys plus myself...as well as Don Pope, Gary Meyer, Jack Delaney, Dave Carter...who's names pop into my head as I write this. There were others...guys in our class...guys in the class ahead of us...some behind us.

I don't recall any career ending injuries...thank goodness...as a few of the guys played on the varsity team. But we had our share of torn and dirty clothes, twisted ankles, banged up knees, gnarled fingers...but no 'fractures'.

The neighborhood in the article sounds like a fun one...a neighborhood I bet you'd like to live in. Since some guys drive from quite a distance away to get there...it tells me they think so too...the football is good...the camaraderie is great.

I envy them.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment