Saturday, October 9, 2010

A 36 HOUR TWIST

In a 36-hour time frame, our emotions have gone from low-to-high-to-low again.

On Thursday morning...we got the great news that...it appears that my cancer was found early and...aside from time to heal...I will need no further treatment for now.

By Friday night...while still celebrating my results...we received news that our good friend Lisa...has been diagnosed with breast cancer.

Vince & Lisa were at the hospital to see me last Thursday...to support me as my surgery and recovery began. Vince stopped by to see me the next day to check on me again and shared with us their weekend plans. But those plans changed before the day ended.

Ironically, Vince...shares the same birthday as our granddaughter Anna. Their daughter Megan...shares the same birthday as our daughter Joni. Their daughter Abbey shares the same birthday as me. Lisa and I have lost our mothers to breast cancer. Our families are intertwined in many ways. Now we share a new...unwanted...common foe.

Just as Vince & Lisa have given their love to support Cindy & I with our battle...we will re-dedicate our love and support to help them with their battle.

The month of October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It's a little too close to home...to get this news.

We don't need anymore...awareness...of cancer in our lives.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment