Sunday, October 3, 2010

WELL...I'M BACK

I am comfortably reclining in my 'own' bed after spending the last 3 nights in a hospital bed.

If you aren't caught up on my dealings lately...I had a prostatectomy on Thursday. After having gone through the procedure, I'm sure they changed it from the description they gave me 'before' surgery.

What they 'told' me..was they would use a robotic device...called a da Vinci...to remove my tumorous prostate gland.

What they 'really' did was...removed everything south of my nipples to just above my knees...put everything in a pile...rummaged through them until they found my prostate and chucked it in the trash can...and then shoved the remaining parts back in.

Well...maybe they didn't do that...but it felt like that for awhile.

My buddy Cindy spent every minute with me, pretending to sleep comfortably in a piece of furniture meant to look like a chair during the day and a bed during the night. I'm as glad to have 'her' back home as I am to have myself home.

My biggest event after surgery...was to work up some gas to prove that my bowels had returned to normal. One episode came at a most embarrassing time...and then Cindy started to giggle...which made me start to giggle...and one thing you don't want to do with stitches in your belly is laugh (or cough or sneeze) after surgery. The more she laughed...she cried...which made me laugh...and cry...and I finally had to make her leave the room so I could stop hurting.

Laughing until it hurts. That's what good friends do.

I'm back.


Dan

2 comments:

  1. Good to have you back. I told you not to laugh, didn't I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa (ninjiom-hk.cwahi.net) may be another solution to cough. i know a lot of people use it, its also non alcoholic, though it's effectiveness is not as good as alcohol based cough medicine, but it's still good to use on not so serious cough and sore throat.

    ReplyDelete