Thursday, October 21, 2010

JET STREAMS

While waiting to pick up Mason after basketball practice, I sat in my car in the school parking lot and enjoyed a nice sunny...but cool...sky. In a matter of a few minutes...a saw '5' jets streaking across the sky...all going in different directions.

As usually happens...my mind drifts off...wandering where those 5 jets are headed...and who might be on those planes...and what they're doing on them.

I'm not a 'frequent' flier...but I've flown more times than I can count. I've flown to meetings held in other states...to my brothers' wedding...to visit friends...to go on vacation with friends or family.

I thought of how each moment of each day...is so different to different people. It might be one persons' best day of their life...it might be someone else's worst. As I mentioned recently...the first Friday of October was my first day without the cancer in my body. That same day...good friend Lisa...found out...cancer was growing in hers.

Someone on one of those jets...may be off to a job interview...that may change their life in unknown ways. Someone may be on their honeymoon. Someone may be off to bury a loving family member.

Our last trip on a jet...was this summer when Cindy & I, our kids and grandkids...all flew down to Disney World for a week. It was an 'even better than expected' time together.

If someone like me...on the day that our jet was flying south...looked up in the sky and saw our jet...and wondered where it was going and what the people on it were doing...well...the 10 of us were on our way to a great adventure that we will likely never forget.

I hope the people in those 5 jets that I saw today...were all on their way...to 'their'...great adventure.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment