Monday, October 25, 2010

SPECIAL DAY

I wrote about this topic on this date 1 year ago...but I'm going to write about it again...because it's about a special person.

Today...would be my big sister's 80th birthday. I say...'would be'...because she's been gone for 16 years. That dreaded disease...cancer...shortened her life.

Joan (pronounced Jo-Ann) was a wonderful sister...maybe the nicest person I have ever known. A simple farm wife...who never held any lofty positions...never had a lot of money...but who was a wonderful wife, mom, daughter, sister, grandmother...who loved her family and friends...and was equally, loved in return...by all.

If there is a person who I should emulate...it would be my sister.

What a wonderful privilege it would be...to sit down at the table this evening and sing happy birthday, share some cake and ice cream, and give my sister a big hug and kiss.

Now 'that' would be a great day.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment