Friday, October 22, 2010

STOLEN SILVERWARE

This article jumped out at me as I scanned the paper. It's about restaurant customers stealing things that belong to the restaurant.

The reason it caught my eye...is that the little restaurant/bar that we went to last weekend...had a little blurb from the owner in the corner of their menu.

Basically the little column read..."Do our hamburgers really cost me $4.95? The answer is NO." He then went on to list his monthly expenses...his electric bill, advertising, building rent...etc. He then went on to say something like..."so please don't take my silverware, glassware or salt n pepper shakers."

But since they don't listen to his plea's...he has to charge $4.95 for a hamburger.

I had no idea that this seems to be such a common things for restaurant owners to have to battle.

Geez.


Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment